Saturday, July 3, 2010

Lazy Summer Days

We have had some lazy days here lately, not because it's too hot to go outside, but because the weather has been so rainy and yucky outside. We have spent a lot of time playing some Wii Mario Cart, and I just have to say I rock at that game. Ashlyn has been getting in some good practice too, she can actually win first place if she is playing by herself.


It has rained almost every day this week, thank goodness because we needed it. I love watching the rain from my front porch


We found a bird's nest with eggs in it in one of my hanging baskets. I got it down to set in the rain and there they were.


It looks like we will be having some new baby birds sometime soon. Not sure what I think about that. Sounds fun, but also sounds like a pain, not looking forward to a dodging mama bird when I water the baskets.

So glad we have gotten a break from the heat, and thankful for all the rain. Now if it would just go away for a little while so we can enjoy some good 'ol fireworks for the 4th this weekend!

No comments: