Friday, January 15, 2010

Skate for 8

Austin turned 8! When I asked what he wanted to do for his birthday he said he wanted to go ice skating. It was the first time he didn't tell me he wanted to have a swimming party, in January. So of course, I figured out how to make it happen. I let him invite 2 friends and our closest cousins. I found an ice skating rink in downtown Dallas at the Plaza of Americas building. On Friday nights it's family night and you can get 4 people in with skates for only $10! And what's even better is we got 9 people in for only $20. What a great deal! And the kids had a blast!

They had their stumbles and falls at first.
But soon got brave and ventured out to the middle on their own.


Austin with his cousin, they have been such good friends since they could walk and talk.
My niece is so sweet, Ashlyn wanted to hold her hand because she loves her so much, and she skated around with Ashlyn going slow as can be for quite a while.
All the boys! Don't they all look so happy? They had such a good time! Austin has another birthday under his belt. Happy 8th Birthday!

No comments: