Friday, January 8, 2010

Looking for a Change

I want to get back on the saddle and start back updating my blog. Jeremy finally changed his comp. program back to a more user friendly program for me but in the process of all his comp. program changing, he has lost a lot of my pictures. So I have been very frustrated and discouraged every time I think about blogging. I have all my pics saved in the world of the web, I just need to figure out how to copy all of them and get them back into my photo files on the comp. Sounds very time consuming and time is precious these days.

I have been inspired lately by 2 different stories. The first is about a family in my SS class at church. They have had such a rough year and a half, but it all seems to have just been God's plan to bring them back closer to him. They have such great attitudes about the situation they are in. If you have a FB please go to this page and check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=236504007217&ref=mf

The Group is called Pray for Brent Clement if the link doesn't work. You can just search for it or find it on my page.

The second story is about a couple who God has called into the mission field. She recently posted a blog about her story of how she received the calling. Her husband was our SS teacher for a brief time years ago when changes were being made in our SS age group. They then left our church to go pastor another church. I hadn't seen or heard about them in several years until Ashlyn started WDS at 2 and one of their adopted daughters was put into Ashlyn's class. Then a couple of years after that when I entered the blog world I discovered her blog. She writes about the journey God has them on as missionary's and as adopted parents. She is an awesome woman of faith and her story is def. worth reading. So go to her blog and check it out. Read her story and be encouraged.

http://lottiegracebyrd.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-calling.html

My New Year's resolution is to try and have a better attitude and try not to be so negative. I have always been a bit of a pessimist. I can't help but focus on all the negative things instead of trying to find the positve. These 2 stories have helped me to try and focus on all the postive things God is doing in my life. So to all of my friends, I don't think I can do this on my own. I need postive encouragement from everyone. It def. goes against my nature to focus on the postive rather than the negative. I can remember being this way as a kid. So it's a lifetime of negativity I'm trying to transform into the rest of my life of positivity. Here are the 2 verses I plan to use and read every day this year.
Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

A passage to read Hebrews 10: 19-39 specifically 10:25 God lead me to this verse this morning.

4 comments:

Nikki B. said...

yay! so glad to see you back!! let me know if you need any help with pics, and the like...i can also give you a few html tips that make blogging MUCH easier to do with pics! i'd be happy to help!

i hear ya on the positivity thing...i'm a brat, and i need to work on that!

Belinda said...

I think it is an attitude we all have to fight. I am here for you, girlie! When we have a spirit of thankfulness it is hard to think negative. That is my goal---be thankful!!

Angie said...

You can do it! I am behind you 100%!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I'm glad you are blogging again....negativeness is definitely a daily battle...don't feel alone we all have to battle it. Keep your eyes "above the line" as Greg would preach and don't let anyone or anything steal your joy! Love you Jes!