Monday, September 14, 2009

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Ashlyn starts her first day of dance! I think I may be more excited about this than Ashlyn. After 2 boys and all the sports that comes with boys, I'm sick of it. So ready for something girly! I had so much fun shopping for her dance clothes. Finally I'm on a search for a leotard, tights, tutu, tap shoes and ballet shoes. It was great to not have to look for shin pads, soccer ball, baseball bat, cleats, baseballs, basketball shorts, and basketballs! I have been talking to her about dance for a long time now, convincing her that she wanted to do it and watching her get excited about the idea. Today when she woke up she was so excited about going to dance that she asked me all morning when she could put her dance clothes on. I think she would have worn them all day if I had let her.

When the time came to finally put her dance clothes on she got so excited and told me to go get my camera so I could take pictures. So, of course I did, and she did a great job at posing.
She is going to a dance company started by some friends at church called Girls of Grace. Their goal is to not only teach the girls dance but they try to teach the girls about God, manners and how to be a lady. I'm really looking forward to seeing what all she learns this year and watching her dance!

No comments: