Sunday, November 21, 2010

All Stitched Up

Last weekend we went camping all weekend and nothing bad happened, but after being home for an hour Ashlyn had a rock thrown at her and it landed us in the ER.

About 6 months ago Justin had to have stitches, so this time around I wasn't as nervous and handled the situation a lot better and a lot calmer. Hopefully we won't have to take another child to get stitches ever.

Ashlyn was actually a pretty tough girl, she cried for a bit right after it happened, but by the time we got to the ER at the hospital she was all dried up and ready to get fixed up.



While we were waiting for a doctor to come check her out and stitch her up, she layed there and told me that she wasn't scared because she is 5. I told her that it was ok if she was a little scared because mommy sure would be scared, but she insisted that she wasn't scared at all because she's 5.



She did great during the whole process, and barely cried at all.



Here she is a week later after getting her stitches out. It looks so good and has healed up so nicely. I am so proud of my little girl, for handling the whole situation so well. I think I would have shed a lot more tears if I had gotten the stitches. And she's still the most beautiful little girl I know!


No comments: