Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

We stayed busy over the Easter holiday weekend. We spent our time with good friends and family and worshiping and thanking our Lord for the wonderful gift he gave us. During this time of year, there is always a visit from the Easter bunny and Easter eggs that need to be found. There are also preparations for the girls to make sure we look our best for one of the most important Sundays of the year. Not only is it fun to dress up in our dressiest clothes for Easter Sunday, but I think it's important that we put our best on and try to look our best for our Lord for what he has done for us.

I had already planned for Ashlyn and I to go get pedicures for Easter Sunday. Ashlyn had been asking if we could go for her birthday, and I decided that we would be spending enough money at her birthday. I compromised with her and told her we could go before Easter instead. At the last minute we had a special surprise of our good friends, Brianna, Bailey and their mom Angie coming with us to get our toes painted, which made it even more fun and special.


We did an easter egg hunt on Saturday evening with our good friends from Sunday School and all of their children. Here is the group of kids ages 4 to 6, getting ready and waiting for their hunt.

Here are the "older" kids ages 8 to 10, waiting for their hunt.

Ashlyn hunting down those eggs as fast as she could!

Austin hunting for eggs.

Justin hunting for eggs.

Ashlyn and her find.

Austin and his find.

Justin and his find.

The next morning we woke up and the Easter bunny had stopped by, filled their baskets up with goodies and hid easter eggs all over the house.

Austin going as fast as he can hunting for those eggs.

Ashlyn hunting for eggs.

Justin hunting for eggs.

We were running a little behind and I wanted to get a quick pic of the kids outside before we hopped in the car to head to church. I told all the kids to hurry and run outside so we could get one quickly. Justin, however, decided he had something else he wanted to do and Jeremy had to go in and figure out what he was doing. When he found him messing w/something else and not coming outside so we could go, Jeremy got onto him, I rushed him beside his sister for a picture and he was not happy. He was pouting and throwing one of his fits, so I snapped a picture and sent him to the car. I love that I caught him making this face. It's a face I see more often than a happy one. Maybe one day he will figure it all out.

After Justin was sent to the car I decided to go ahead and take some pictures of just Austin and Ashlyn. Ashlyn loves Austin so much. I thought this picture was sweet because she put her arm around him and placed her hand on his back without me telling her to. When she did it, she did it so sweetly full of love for her big brother.

After church we headed out to Waxahachie to Jeremy's brother's house for Easter lunch. The kids always love to see their cousins, they always have such a good time with them. I don't know why I didn't get my camera out for pictures, so I don't have any from that.

All in all, we had a busy and fun weekend, thanks to our Lord and Savior for the sacrifice he made for us. I am so glad that we get to be reminded of this and count our blessings for all he has done for us.

No comments: