Monday, March 22, 2010

The Switch

I switched about a year or so ago over to Christian music. I did it originally to help me focus on the Lord while I am driving around town instead of listening to music that talked about drinking and so forth. I used to listen to mostly country music. Not all country music is "bad", but a lot of it didn't help me to keep the right thoughts in my head. It's amazing how when I am in a bad mood and I hop in the car and a great song comes on and my mood changes, and immediately I find myself engrossed in the song and worshiping the Lord. It has definitely helped my responses to the other "bad" drivers on the road too :) It also opens up conversations in the car about God, and about how we should behave to honor our Lord with the kids. I also find myself taking the time to pray and thank God for all he has blessed me with or asking for his guidance in whatever drama is coming to me that day. Lately I have really grown to love the christian artist, Jeremy Camp. He has a lot of great songs! My favorite is, There will be a Day, by Jeremy Camp! Love it!




I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that tries to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth
That we will enter in this rest with wonders a new
But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

Chorus
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always
Jeremy Camp lyrics on www.lyrics-celebrities.anekatips.com

I know the journey seems so long
You feel you’re walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

Chorus
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I cant wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away
the sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life
of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing



What a comfort it is to know that I can rest in the comfort of knowing that one day I won't have to suffer on this earth anymore! I never truly understood what it meant to "suffer" on this earth until I went through the grief of losing my dad 3 years ago. He died of liver cancer. He suffered from the disease of alcoholism. While I sat in the hospital with my half siblings and my dad's longest childhood lifelong friend, he shared stories of my dad from their childhood together. He also shared the story of how my dad got saved and how my dad eventually brought his friend to the Lord. When he told that story, it brought tears to my eyes. They were tears of joy, it was such a relief to know that my dad's suffering was over, and that I would get to see him again one day when I am called home. It really made me realize how much "suffering" we go through here on this earth. This world is so full of sin, it's everywhere you go, it's in our own homes, it's in my own mind. And everywhere around me I see people suffering from disease, cancer, grief,job loss, financial burdens, hunger, hurt and pain. It's such a comfort to me knowing that I don't have to go through it alone! That I have God to talk to, the Holy Spirit to guide me and that it was all made possible by Jesus because he went through the pain and suffering for me when he died on the cross for my sins! What an awesome God we have that he sacrificed his son for and me and you. So that one day I won't have to suffer on this earth anymore, that I will one day get to go to heaven to be with him. What a great song that it can remind me of all God has done for me, how much he sacrificed for me, that he loves me that much.

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a beautiful reminder Jes. My dad was an alcoholic also and died from the disease as well. I love Jeremy Camp and the words to all of his music. Thanks for sharing:)

P.S. Guess you figured out Youtube huh?

Gina said...

Amen, sista!!! Love you!!!

Jes said...

Kim, yeah I got it figured out, thanks for your help anyways.
Gina, thanks! Love you too!

Belinda said...

I got tired of the message in most country music, it was so hard to sing about lovin', cheatin', drnkin' whatever...I realize it is not all like that but some really good beats have really bad lyrics:( I had to turn the station so much it just wasn't worth it anymore.
I agree about christian music although some stations play popular songs over and over. If it's an artist I really like, like Jeremy Camp or Casting Crowns, I'll go ahead and support them and buy the cd.
It definitely improves my mood!!!